Our company carry of customs clearance goods of individuals and personal effects individuals transported across the customs border of Russia and the Customs Union.
The movement of goods by individuals for personal use is regulated by the Customs Codex of the Eurasian Economic Commission.
Cargoes of individuals transported for personal use are imported duty-free in the following cases:
- carried by air in hand luggage or accompanied by luggage weighing up to 50 kg and costing up to 10,000 euros (except for indivisible goods over 35 kg);
- carried by car – up to 50 kg and 1500 euros (except for indivisible goods over 35 kg);
- shipped as aircargo by cargo airlines – up to 31 kg and 1000 euros (except for indivisible goods over 35 kg).
Goods exceeding the above quotas are imported at a rate of 4 euro / kg or 30% of the customs value. The customs value is determined based on the accompanying documents provided by the consignee. This is called the Uniform Customs Rate (EU).
You bring a TV, weight 20 kg, price 2000 euros.
2000 kg-1000 kg = 1000 euros * 0.3 = 300 euros less free volume
31 kg-20 kg = 11 kg * 4 euro = 44 euros
In this case, 300 euros more than 44 euros and the duty is charged on the cost, not for weight.
These free volumes do not apply to goods containing so-called indivisible goods, whose weight exceeds 35 kg.
It is important that not all goods can be attributed to goods for personal use – solariums, large yachts, internal combustion engines, machinery, machinery, equipment and others.
Who can submit a customs declaration for the goods of an individual who is imported for personal use, and can I care of customs declaration by proxy to another physical or legal person be entrusted by notarially signed power of attorney?
It is impossible to charge the submission of a customs declaration by proxy. Only licensed broker can make customs declaration on your behalf. Many companies call themselves a “customs broker” (correctly “customs representative”) in fact not having such a status, since not everyone can afford it. The customs representative (broker) should receive a special license in the Federal Customs Service. According to the article 402 “Conditions for inclusion in the register of customs representatives” of the Customs Code of the Eurasian Economic Commission (EAEC), for this a legal entity needs to comply with a number of requirements, the main of which is 500,000 euros to ensure payment of customs duties.
- The conditions for the inclusion of a legal entity that claims to carry out activities as a customs representative in the register of customs representatives are:
1) the existence of a contract of insurance for the risk of civil liability of a customs representative, which may occur as a result of damage to the property of the represented persons or violation of contracts with these persons, for an insured amount determined by the legislation of the Member States;
2) ensuring the performance of the duties of a legal entity carrying out activities in the field of customs in the amount determined by the Commission, and in respect of a legal entity whose scope of activities as a customs representative will be limited to the commission of customs operations with respect to goods not subject to export customs duties and placed under the customs procedure of export, in the amount determined by the legislation of the Member States;
3) the absence on the day of appeal to the customs authority to include in the register of customs representatives not performed in the prescribed period of duty to pay customs fees, special, anti-dumping, countervailing duties, penalties, interest;
4) compliance with other requirements and compliance with other conditions that are established by the legislation of the Member States.
- Legislation of the Member States may establish that the condition for the inclusion of a legal entity claiming to act as a customs representative in the register of customs representatives is the presence in the staff of this person at least 2 employees who have a document confirming their compliance with the qualification requirements established by law Member States.
NOTE: This article is only informational, current version of today actual laws in Russia we recommended you to see at the websites of legal systems “Consultant Plus” http://www.consultant.ru or “Garant” www.garant.ru